Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mr Unavailable #100: Revisited

See The Downtown Hipster, The Way to a Girl's Heart, Momma's Boy and Update for the background on this one.

Oh, I just love me my unavailable men...

I've never been good at keeping the ball in my court, no matter how small the ball. I started wondering if maybe in trying to "get him" to ask me out and then not texting him back for a week, I was actually actively engaging in "the game."

Or maybe I just really wanted to see him and would have rationalized contact one way or another (that's probably it).

After collecting a variety of opinions, I decided to pay attention to the ones that said, "Why don't you ask him out?" Throwing self-respect to the wind, I...texted him asking him out.

Me (as if it hadn't been a week since he texted me last): Hey, I have an idea...Wanna meet up for dessert at The Algonquin sometime?
#100: Sounds good.
Me: How about tomorrow?
#100: Tomorrow no good nor Friday. How about Sunday?
Me: Sunday sounds fab.
#100: How did ur interviews go?

On the positive side, he replied immediately and even remembered a few things I had told him and asked how they were going. We're going out in a few days.

On the other hand, if my original armchair diagnosis was right, it will all go terribly wrong and here's what I've signed up for:

"Hello, 1-900-PAIN? I'd like to give you my credit card number. Yes, charge what you want."

Next in the #100 series: Down the Rabbit Hole

No comments:

Post a Comment