Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mr. Unavailable #1: Where It All Began

This is a Mr. Unavailable Flashback, circa 1979.

Vital Stats:
3'10", 5ish. Good at addition/subtraction. Met: September 1977. Aesthetic: He sported a fetching 1970s dressed-by-mom look. Demeanor: Adorable and easygoing, especially when making stuff in art class with paste.

First Impression: Cherubic, super cute.

Signs of Hope: I always tried to sit next to him or position myself near him for our class photos. He did not at first run away, although that could also have been because we were in kindergarten and there was nowhere to go.

Red Flags: Ran away when I tried to kiss him in his wood-paneled basement. I gave chase, he escaped.

Turning Point: Perseverant, I did not lose hope until, at age 9, my family moved away.

Diagnosis: Distance is a bitch, fate--and timing--were against us. It now being 2010, he's long been married with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment