Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mr. Unavailable #100: Letting it Play Out, Part 1

See Mr. Unavailable #100, Update, Revisited, Down the Rabbit Hole, The Sound of Silence, I Can See Clearly Now the Rain is Gone, and Anthropological Experimentation for the background on this one.

Update:
Five days after the last feeler text, I got this text on a Thursday morning:

#100: U don't call! U don't write! What is a boy to think.

I wrote back: Wait, that's what I was thinking. Except for the 'boy' part.
#100: Girl this ain't the 60s it the new millenium.
Me: Oh boy, what ever am I going to do with you...
#100: Hold me :)
Me: Is it that bad already?
#100: Lol
Me: Well, how shall we remedy this?
#100: Wanna hang this weekend?
Me: Absolutely. Nice remedy. There's hope for you yet.
#100: I knew it.
Me: Phew! Why don't you give me a call at some point and we'll make a plan?
#100: Ok. I'm at work today. I'll calls u when I'm out.
Me: Lovely

That call never came. It was a typical Mr. Unavailable move. I was not to hear from him until Part 2.

Analysis: I had hope, oh, yes, I did. One can hear it in my text voice. I had hope that the whole thing would not fall into the silly-fling wastebasket. And I hoped he was on board. He was not. See Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment