Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mr. Unavailable #105: The Parental Figure

Vital Stats: 6'ish and vaguely pudgy, 47, Cabbie-Turned-Restaurant Manager-Turned-Bond Trader-Turned Masseuse

First Date: We met through Match.com and arranged to meet at Billy's Bakery on Ninth Avenue.

First Impression: He was way too old for me--and it wasn't just the ten years he had on me.

Signs of Hope: He had a gentle, laid-back demeanor and let me sit on the bench outside the bakery while he paid for our green pre-St. Patrick's Day cupcakes inside--if I haven't mention it before, it doesn't take much to impress me.

Red Flags: I felt like I had run into one of my parents' friends on the street and he had bought me a cupcake just to be nice and see how I was.

Turning Point: After the 4.5-hour hostage situation with Mr. Unavailable #104, I managed to say, "Well, I guess I should be heading home" in less than 45 minutes.

Diagnosis: I just kept thinking he'd make a great friend for my parents. I'm sure he was available for a mature, adult relationship...but better my parents than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment