Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mr. Unavailable #101: 49 Going on 19

Vital Stats: 49, Unemployed Screenwriter/Producer, Upper West Sider with L.A. Time, Aesthetic: Non-descript. Demeanor: He seemed nice enough, but was generally just kind of blah.

First Date: We met via the OKCupid dating site and agreed to get together on a Friday evening for coffee at Think Coffee on Bowery and Bleecker. Late February 2010.

First Impression: When I got there and sat down he was already settled in with a coffee, and when I got up to get something, he said, "Oh, I should have offered to get you something" and then continued to sit there. He seemed slightly depressed with a mild victim complex when talking about past work experience and his parents. He also seemed preoccupied with money and wanting to convey his lack of it despite the fact that he'd just put down a deposit on an apartment on the Upper West Side.

Signs of Hope: When I walked in, he looked just like his photos: tall, slightly pudgy with dark curly hair and not as old-looking as his 49 years.

Red Flags: Everything after I sat down.

Turning Point: When I had to get my own coffee even though he said he should get it.

Diagnosis: Even though he was 49, his chances of becoming an adult were slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment